I am challenging myself. From now on, I will look beyond my everyday grievances, look further than my melancholy and see the little things I am grateful for. This is quite a challenge because I tend to be pessimistic. The cup is half empty. The grass is greener on the other side. I want to change that. Because I believe that there are a lot of things I should be thankful for.
I am having a tough week, the toughest week this academic year, so far. Can I still see things I can be thankful for?
1. … for my girl’s creative mind. Last Monday, she didn’t have a class. She was left at home with my cousin. What a pleasant surprise because when I got home, I found our wall covered with her creations. She drew me with a jumping rope in my hands, and her dad in a funny hat. J
2. ….for my ever patient husband. I was having one of my mood swings. And when I do, I get irritated by even the little things hubby does. Blame hormones. But he would know just how to bring a smile in my face. I was so angry one minute and then, laughing with him the next. Yeah, I’m crazy like that.
3. … … for sisters who are in our house today, making it a little more noisy and a little more amusing, too.
4. …for my colleagues M,MJ and DL for making my few minutes of free time at school more fun, for listening to my angst in life and for the intellectual exchange of ideas.
5. …for the newly manicured nails.
6. …for the rain every night this week. The watermelons are happy!
7. …for my laptop and my printer. They are my new best-friends. J
8. …for crispy fried danggit( dried fish), my dinner tonight.
9. …for hot kalamansi(lemon) juice for soothing my tired, overworked throat.
10. … for tomorrow is Friday. The weekend is within my reach!
How about you? What are you thankful for this week?